The Jacobite Rising battlefield game board has a hex grid of 13 hexes wide by 11 hexes deep. The battlefield is divided into three sections by two dotted lines, giving each player a Left Flank Section, a Center Section and a Right Flank Section. Where the dotted line cuts through a hex, the hex is considered to be part of both the flank section and the center section. Terrain Tiles represent a range of terrain features and are placed on the battlefield to recreate the historical scenario setting.
Here is the list of 13 battles and smaller skirmish actions included with Jacobite Rising:
- Killikeankie – 27 July 1689
- Dunkeld – 21 August 1689
- Cromdale – 1 May 1690
- Alness – 10 July 1715
- Sheriffmuir – 13 November 1715
- Glen Shiel – 10 June 1719
- Prestonpans – September 1745
- Clifton – 18 December 1745
- Inverurie – 23 December 1745
- Falkirk (Stage 1) – 17 January 1746
- Falkirk (Stage 2) – 17 January 1746
- Culloden – 16 April 1746
- Culloden (Flanking Move) – 16 April 1746
- 1 booklet of rules and scenarios
- 1 Battlefield game board (assembled)
- 4 Terrain and Accessories punchboards containing:
- 60 double-sided terrain tiles
- 18 double-sided victory flag counters
- 6 double-sided clan chief / chief officer markers
- 52 Command
- Cards 58 Combat Cards (29 English , 29 Jacobite)
- 8 engraved battle dice.
- 5 sheets of block stickers.
- 2 double-sided summary cards
- 283 Blocks: blue Jacobite units, red British units, dark blue German units comprising:
- 176 small, blue and red blocks for infantry units
- 68 medium, blue and red blocks for units cavalry
- 39 rectangular blue and red blocks for leaders and artillery
- Box and lid
Product DetailsProduct Code: 34862595
Publisher: Compass Games
Playtime: 60-90 minutes
Recommended Age: 14+
Number of Players: 2+
Board Game Mechanics: Dice Rolling | Hand Management | Modular Board
Categories: All Games, Best Family Board Games, Best War Board Games, Board Games, Card Games, Dice Games & Role Playing Games, Preorder Games, Sale Board Games
*Preorder Release Date
Please be aware the expected release date is usually based on our eta from supplier or can be a placeholder for unknown release dates. These dates are subject to change, please contact us for any questions regarding a product's specific release date.
Our Preorder process
One of the advantages of shopping online with The Board Gamer is your ability to preorder games before they’re available for sale on the store shelves. Preorders work just the same as a regular order, except that you won't receive your order until the product is officially available for sale. When placing a preorder please note that you will be charged the full amount right away.
For products without a confirmed price - "Price TBC" - you will not be charged during checkout. When the product is ready to ship you will be contacted to complete payment before the product is shipped.
Preorder Price Guarantee
If you preorder an item and our price changes before the release date, you’ll pay the lowest price. Once the product has been released please contact us to request a refund of the difference.
We will do our best to ship these products before the official release date – to ensure the product is delivered to your door on the official release date. In most cases we will ship the product as soon as we can depending on the release date and the arrival of stock to our warehouse.